Back to: Top Teams
Team brad (16 Systems)
Link to original writeup (external)
|| Brad Tilley
||Word Machine, John the Ripper, crackpkcs12
||12 CPU cores/threads
I was team brad at the Defcon password cracking contest. I won 1st place in the
street division. I used my own software (word machine) along with John the
Ripper. No fancy, high-priced GPUs and no proprietary, closed-source software.
There were 13 registered street teams.
Software I used
Summary of hardware used
Passwords I cracked
- Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 430 @1.80GHz
- Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz ("GenuineIntel" 686-class) 1.60 GHz
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3537U CPU @ 2.00GHz
- AMD Phenom II 1090T
Date: Aug 4, 2013
- Thanks to KoreLogic for hosting the contest. You guys did a great job.
- Special thanks to Solar Designer and john-devs. You guys write awesome software.
- This is my last year of password cracking. I've made a case for pattern based password cracking. It works.